Sunday, June 23, 2013

Forever Emily, June 23 2013

Here I am, dressed up as Emily Dickinson, reciting "I'm nobody, who are you?" Sonoma County had a grant to participate in the NEA's "Big Read" this year, and Dickinson was the target author.



I worked Dickinson's poetry into my lessons at Prestwood School. We studied, "There is no Frigate like a Book." Because the annual "Sitting Room" publication was on the topic of "When I was a child I read..." I was able to get three 3rd graders' poems included in that book.  

Books
When I get my nose in a book
I can read through rain or shine.
A book is like a friend to me
who stays there by my side.
            ISABELLA BOUCHER



My Favorite Book
The Diary of a Wimpy Kid
is the best book I ever saw.
It makes me want to draw
the picture on the front.
It makes me watch the movie.
            KEVIN MOYA


A Book
A book is like a flying carpet
that addicts me a lot of the time.
It brings me in and I can’t stop.
It’s like it is stuck to me.
I can’t get out of it.
It is too good to resist.
            ROLLO BENSTEAD



No comments:

Post a Comment